AMS v.0.35A ChangeLog:
Here is the changelog below! Lots of new things have been changed and added. Check them out!
Event: “Robbery” has been mostly written but is not coded into the game yet.
I’ve begun writing for another Event called “Cabin”. This event is at the beginning stages of description and therefore isn’t coded into the game yet.
Extensive overhaul of the Relationship System. See below!
The Chapter 1 Fire Dousing Puzzle and Endtable/Ottoman Puzzle have been updated and fixed.
New Bad End: Terminal Corruption (see below)!
New Quest Added: Quest 8: The Knight’s Medallion (see below)!
New Item: Mammaretto
New Code Skeletons for Upcoming Items (see below)
The ‘Shadow in the Trees’ event in Chapter 2 has been given a 100% encounter rate for the time being.
I increased the Font Size of the Relations Tab, the Skills Tab.
I have completely revamped the Relationship System to make it a bit easier for Player’s and myself to keep track of. The idea behind this is that now the Player only has to keep track of how many Relationship Points they have with any particular NPC, that’s it. If you don’t have enough Relationship Points with that Companion, than you cannot be intimate with them. This means every Companion has their own threshold that must be reached for intimacy.
Relationship Status: “Hostile” has been removed.
Relationship Status: “Friend” has been removed.
Relationship Status: “Friendzone” has been removed.
Dead Status has been added.
Number of Children has been added.
Companion Status has been added to all applicable NPCs.
Aaleahya’s “Confess to Her” VERB has been Removed.
Aaleahya requires 99+ Relationship Points to be kissed. Kissing her grants +5 Relationship Points and allows the Player to be Intimate which appears as a new VERB “Be Intimate” (this choice will lead to pregnancy in the future). Trying to kiss her before you’ve reached 99+ Relationship Points will cause a -5 Relationship Points.
Hannah’s Flirt VERB and Chat VERB has been removed for the time being. The newer version of her at the end of Part 1 will be where you can speak with her about other topics to raise your Relationship levels.
I have modified the Relations Tab and removed “Acquiantances” as anyone who accompanies you or that is romancable will appear there. The Relations Tab also now displays that Companion’s Relationship Scale.
All Companions now have a displayed Relationship Scale in place of the old system of Friendship, Lover, Friendzone and Hostile.
At the beginning of the Withered Snag incident that leads to Chapter 2, Hannah now starts with 100 Relationship Points.
If you deny telling her about Rold the first time, it’ll drop -10 Relationship Points. However, if you deny her the second time her Relationship Points drop to 0.
If you do tell her about Rold the first time you get +20 Relationship Points. If you decide to tell her the second time you get +10.
Charm Bonus’ have been added to all scenarios/npcs and characters that haven’t had them (ie. Aaleahya and Hannah after the explosion, Rold during the Box Event).
Like Aaleahya, Hannah after the explosion now carries the Kiss Her VERB and the Be Intimate VERB. Be Intimate can only be accessed after you Kiss Hannah (kiss her a second time if you’ve already kissed her) which means your Relationship will have be at 150 or above.
Trying to Attack Rold before he knows you will now drop his Relationship Points with you to 0. Otherwise, if you try to betray him it’ll drop you -15 Relationship Points.
The Help Guide, Relationship System v3.0 has been updated for the Player regarding how the new, more simple Relationship system works.
I have completely gutted and rewrote the Withered Snag, Living Room, Fireplace Douse VERB/Event. I wanted to make the puzzles based more on overall characteristics that could help you proceed rather than just one variable like Intelligence and then Agility.
Now, several variables affect whether or not you’ll succeed in passing the Stat Check. The base passing rate for discovering the Silver Key in the fireplace is 75%. Hunter or Thief Backgrounds earn you a +10% and an Instructor earns you a +5%. Big Saver Specialities can earn you a +6% and Fashionable Specialities can earn you +3. Player Intelligence 2 to 6 can earn you a +5% and anything from 7 and above can earn you an additional +8%. If you succeed, you discover the Silver Key and it’ll be moved into the Living Room as before. If you fail, you will not notice the Silver Key.
Either way, you are brought to the second check; the Fireplace Douse VERB/Event. The base passing rate for successfully diving through is 75%. If you have a Thief background that will earn you +10%. A Dancer Speciality will also earn a +10%. Agilty 2 to 6 will earn the Player a +3% and 7 or greater will give a +5%. Failure will end the event as the Player’s character doesn’t want to risk jumping through and hesitates for too long. Success will lead to a Yes or No choice (which no longer needs to be typed in. It’s a proper menu). Clicking “No” will end the Event. Clicking “Yes” will cause damage to the Player between 1 and 3 damage but they will succeed in reaching the Master Bedroom on the other side.
I have fixed the Withered Snag, Master Bedroom, Ottoman/End Table Puzzle Event. Again, I wanted these puzzles to be less tedious and more solveable for Player’s without sacrificing the quality. The screen properly clears with each message too.
For End Table 1: I upped the chance of discovering the numbers from 15% of the time to 75% of the time. I also high-lighted each of the numbers so they can’t be missed as easily. Once the numbers have been discovered as well, they are moved into the “Search” again scripts. For End Table 2: Again, I upped the chance of discovering the clues from 15% to 75% of the time. I also high-lighted the entire clue and moved a reminder into the “Search” again scripts. Master Ottoman: I’ve added a “Search’ hint in the Ottoman’s description without directly stating it. Fans of classic Text Adventures might appreciate it however. I’ve also removed the direct Intelligence Check and went more broad with the skills that could be utilized to solve the puzzle. It starts with a base of 65% chance of success. Having a Background of Hunter, Explorer or Instructor will given an additional +15%. Having a Speciality of Big Saver or Monkish will earn another +5% and then Player Intelligence is taken into account. 2 to 6 Intelligence will give another +5% and 7 Intelligence or greater will merit +10%. A hidden Failure count will also subtract -20% each time.
Success will grant the Player access to the Master Lockbox. Failure will result in a +1 Failure. Every failure will take -20% of success away (up to 80%/4 failures total). Master Lockbox: I’ve restructured the spacing of the text within and reduced the size of the code since most of it’s handled in a function anyway. I’ve also replaced one of the typing “yes” parts with a proper menu. I’ve also reduced the Corruption gain of this puzzle by -1. It’s now 5 Corruption to pick, 2 Corruption to fail.
Removed a couple “Corruption will end the game references.”
I removed the “Hair Dye” category from the inventory list. Hair Dye will now go into the Body Modification Category.
Hairdye has received an extensive rework: rewrite/recode.
All Miracle Grows have received extensive reworks: rewrites/recodes.
Both the Bottle of Purification and the Vial of Corruption have had their scripts completely revamped and the items have been recoded.
I reorganized the Zombie Bad End so that shorter amounts of text appear on the screen for all the different Dominant Moods. Hopefully that’ll make everything much easier to read ^_^
New Bad End: Terminal Corruption. This is a little tribute to one of my favorite series, Metroid. The tribute is from a specific game, “Metroid Prime 3: Corruption” where if you gain too much Phazon Corruption, Samus basically dies and becomes another Dark Samus. In AMS however, this Bad End can only be achieved if you are first ‘Infected with the Emtropy’ and then you take a Vial of Corruption (without having any Resist to protect you) and having over 50% Corruption. If all the criteria above is met, you have a 25% chance to get this bad end per Vial taken which will basically set the Player on the course to becoming the Knight from the Warrior Event. You essentially become mindless and have your body overtaken by the Emtropy, thus eventually causing the Apocamorphosis to occur and ending the game’s world. Pretty heavy! ((As a warning this ending is very gruesome and graphic but has several randomized sections of the transformation)).
I have gathered/compiled together all the Bad Ends that I could remember (I think I got them all) and moved them to their own seperate library. This way they are together in one place and I’ll have a record of what Bad Endings I have already and what ones still need to be written. I’ll also be able to quickly provide Player’s with lists of Bad Ends in case they want to find them on their own. These Bad Ends, include: Zombie, Vaporization, Shortification, Tallification and Terminal Corruption.
I have added a new category to the in-game Help Guide, “Bad Ends” which will detail what the Player must do in order to achieve all the Bad Ends. Do NOT read it if you don’t want spoilers. I’ll be providing the same warning in-game as well, in case the Player changes their mind about it.
The Warrior/Knight Memory Loss Event, Introduce Yourself scenario now receives the Quest: The Knight’s Medallion. The other way of receiving this Quest is by giving him a blow job in either Submissive or Dominant scenarios.
Added a new category/menu choice, “Abandon” to the Quests menu prompt. I’ve also added, “Go Back” menu choices which will recall the quests command menu. This should eliminate one extra step for the Player to check out Ongoing, Completed, Failed quests. The following quests can be Abandoned:
Quest 2: Waterworks
Quest 3: Leda’s Locket
Quest 4: Avenge Gu’ra’ta’s Honor
Quest 5: Smoke Signals
Quest 8: The Knight’s Medallion
As a not you MUST have the quest in the “Ongoing” section or you cannot abandon it. That means if the quest hasn’t been received, if it’s been failed or completed, you will be unable to drop/abandon it. Don’t worry, I’ve added plenty of ‘turn back now’ prompts in case the Player accidentally bumbles through some of the choices.
*As a second note, the quest will return to the “never having received them” status — meaning you do have the option of going back to some of them and reaccepting them.
New Quest added: Quest 8: The Knight’s Medallion. This quest can be received in Chapter 2 if you run into the Rocky Cliffsides Room’s mini event, Warrior/Knight Memory Loss. If you end up giving him a Blow Job; Submissive or Dominant as a Male OR Female, you will receive this quest. You can also receive the quest by being patient and simply choosing to Introduce Yourself in the choice prompts.
I added the Withered Snag, Upstairs Study, Western Bookcase transformations/body modifications to their own separate library and functions. I actually had to break them up into 5 separate functions because of how large they were. I also greatly reduced the word count in each and meticulously combed through them, modifying all the code since it was incredibly large for Quest to process (I also broke everything up into much smaller paragraphs).
The good news about all of this is, I can create a modified library and add them to the Dirty Water transformations/body modifications in the future. Yay! Needless to say though, this was a massive undertaking, especially since Quest crashed about 30 times. In addition, the Goblin transformation section now calls the new Goblin Transformation Function meaning all of the transformations are in there now instead of only a couple. I’ve been meaning to get around to all of this for a long time now because I knew these scripts would take forever to properly fix and reorganize. Anyway, if something doesn’t flow or read correctly in these sequences, please let me know so I can fix them.
Fixed a minor bracket error in the Relations Tab.
Fixed a bracket error in the Waterhole, Dirty Pond, Settle in the Snow VERB regarding the Asexuallock.
Fixed Abandon not showing up on the Quests Menu Screen.
Added spaces to Skill Tab, Current Stats between each of the categories.
Fixed Zombie Enemies not showing up and then producing 20 million errors.
Fixed the Zombie Enemy Attacks throwing 20 million Subtraction errors.
Fixed some minor bracket and color errors in the Quest Menu Option, Abandon.
All of the Hair-Dyes have been completely rewritten and recoded from the ground up and all of them have been given revamped scripts. Resist now gets drained by consuming ALL hairdye(s). The difference however is that you will receive NO negative effects (whether that particular dye carries them or not). You WILL receive any positive effects however like regainining Health and so on. Also, Hairlength, Bald has received new revamped menu which allows you to toss the particular hairdye if you choose to. You are not required though.
Here are the following changes to each individual dye.
Green: No major stat changes.
Red: No major stat changes.
Black: No major stat changes.
Pink: 50% chance to lose -1 Intelligence.
Dirty Blonde: No major stat changes.
Dark Red: 50% to gain +1 Dominant Mood Sarcasm
Silver: No major stat changes.
White: No major stat changes.
Rainbow: 50% chance to gain +1 Homosexual Sexuality for Males and Females.
Brunette: No major stat changes.
Platinum Blonde: 50% chance to lose -3 Intelligence. 50% chance to gain +3 Lust with another 50% chance to gain a Horny Status. 50% chance to gain +1 Dominant Mood Sexy.
Purple: No major stat changes.
Blue: No major stat changes.
Orange: 50% chances to gain between 1 and 4 Health. (with or without Resist).
Ombre: No major stat changes.
Neon: 50% chance to gain Sick Status.
Pastel: 50% chances to gain Sick Status.
In addition, there are now Intelligence variables in the basic descriptions of many hairdyes which changes the way they are described. There are also Dominant Mood description variants as well for at least 2 or 3 hairdyes.
((If you think of any stat changes I should make to any of these, please feel free to suggest them)).
All of the Miracle Grows have been completely rewritten and recoded from the ground up and all of them have been given revamped scripts. Resist now gets drained by consuming ALL Miracle Grow(s). Again, the difference is that the Player will receive NO negative effects as long as they have Resist. Like with all “I Can’t Believe It’s Magic!” products, there will always be a detriment to using them. Each Miracle Grow comes with a 50% chance to drain 1-3 Health for normal Miracle Grows and between 3 to 6 Health for Mega Miracle Grows.
The Bottle of Purification has been completely rewritten and recoded with revamped scripts. Resist also gets properly drained now as well when you use the item. Again, like the Hair Dye and Miracle Grow items, the difference with Resist is that the Player will receive NO negative effects as long as they have Resist. Like with all “I Can’t Believe It’s Magic!” products, there will always be a detriment to using them.
I changed the base amount of Corruption needed for the changed scripts as well. 1 Corruption to 30 Corruption. That means if you have 30 and under you’ll get a different set of scripts than if you have 31 and above. I also increased the chances of all the scripts proccing; 33% up to 50%, 24% up to 33% and so on.
31 Corruption and Higher
50% Chance: 1 to 7 Corruption Reduction, -2 Maximum Health
33% Chance: -9 Lust, 1 to 7 Corruption Reduction, Horny Removal
24% Chance: 1 to 7 Corruption Reduction, -1 Maximum Health
No Above Procs: 50% Chance to lose -1 Maximum Health
30 Corruption and Under 50% to gain 1 to 5 Health OR -1 Maximum Health
No Resist Scripts: 30 Corruption and Under 50% Chance: 1 to 7 Corruption Reduction, -1 Resist 33% Chance: 1 to 7 Corruption Reduction, -1 Resist 24% Chance: 1 to 7 Corruption Reduction, -1 Resist No Above Procs: -1 Resist 30 Corruption and Under 50% Chance to gain 1 to 5 Health and -1 Resist OR -1 Resist
The Vial of Corruption has been completely rewritten and recoded with revamped scripts. Resis again, also get properly drained with use. Again, like all the other potions, Resist will keep the Player from receiving any negative effects. Like with all “I Can’t Believe It’s Magic!” products, there will always be a detriment to using them.
No Resist Scripts:
49 or Below Corruption
50% Chance: +10 Corruption, +1 Sarcasm Mood Dominance, 50% chance to gain between +1 to 3 Lust, 25% chance to gain +1 or 2 Maximum Health, 25% chance to gain +1 or 2 Strength. Player gains Status Condition: Sick
33% Chance: +15 Corruption, +1 Sarcasm Mood Dominance, 75% chance to gain between +1 to 3 Lust, 35% chance to gain +1 or 2 Maximum Health, 35% chance to gain +1 or 2 Strength. Player gains Status Condition: Sick
24% Chance: +25 Corruption, +1 Sarcasm Mood Dominance, 80% chance to gain between +1 to 3 Lust, 50% chance to gain +1 or 2 Maximum Health, 50% chance to gain +1 or 2 Strength. Player gains Status Condition: Sick
Other: 50% chance to gain +1 Sarcasm Mood Dominance
50 or Above Corruption
50% Chance: +10 Corruption, +1 Sarcasm Mood Dominance, -1 to 5 Health, 50% chance to gain +3 to 5 Lust, 40% chance to gain +2 to 4 Maximum Health, 40% chance to gain +2 to 4 Strength.
33% Chance: +10 Corruption, +1 Sarcasm Mood Dominance, -1 to 5 Health, 70% chance to gain +3 to 5 Lust, 55% chance to gain +2 to 4 Maximum Health, 55% chance to gain +2 to 4 Strength.
24% Chance: +10 Corruption, +1 Sarcasm Mood Dominance, -1 to 5 Health, 90% chance to gain +3 to 5 Lust, 75% chance to gain +2 to 4 Maximum Health, 75% chance to gain +2 to 4 Strength.
Else: 80% chance to gain +1 Sarcasm Mood Dominance, -1 to 5 Health. 25% Chance for Bad End: Terminal Corruption Resist Scripts:
49 or Below Corruption
50% Chance: +1 Sarcasm Mood Dominance, 50% chance to gain between +1 to 3 Lust, 25% chance to gain +1 or 2 Maximum Health, 25% chance to gain +1 or 2 Strength. -1 Resist
33% Chance: +1 Sarcasm Mood Dominance, 75% chance to gain between +1 to 3 Lust, 35% chance to gain +1 or 2 Maximum Health, 35% chance to gain +1 or 2 Strength. -1 Resist
24% Chance: +1 Sarcasm Mood Dominance, 80% chance to gain between +1 to 3 Lust, 50% chance to gain +1 or 2 Maximum Health, 50% chance to gain +1 or 2 Strength. -1 Resist
Else: 50% chance to gain +1 Sarcasm Mood Dominance, -1 Resist.
50 or Above Corruption 50% Chance: +1 Sarcasm Mood Dominance, 50% chance to gain between +1 to 3 Lust, 25% chance to gain +1 or 2 Maximum Health, 25% chance to gain +1 or 2 Strength. -2 Resist
33% Chance: +1 Sarcasm Mood Dominance, 75% chance to gain between +1 to 3 Lust, 35% chance to gain +1 or 2 Maximum Health, 35% chance to gain +1 or 2 Strength. -2 Resist
24% Chance: +1 Sarcasm Mood Dominance, 80% chance to gain between +1 to 3 Lust, 50% chance to gain +1 or 2 Maximum Health, 50% chance to gain +1 or 2 Strength. -2 Resist
Else: 80% chance to gain +1 Sarcasm Mood Dominance, -2 Resist.
New Item: Mammaretto. A Body Modification potion which increases breast size. The main description has been rewritten and the item is ready to be coded. The Consume verb now has a code skeleton too. Again, like all the other potions, Resist will keep the Player from receiving any negative effects, including the Body Modification itself.
No Resist Outcomes
If Breast Size is an I-Cup:
Male/Female variant scripts about discarding the Mammaretto. Yes/No prompt.
Else: Male/Female variant scripts. Dominant Mood variants. Breast Size Increase +1
50% +1 Feminine Facial Features.
50% +1 Lust
33% +2 Lust, Horny Status Enabled.
80% +2 to 4 Health Recovery. Resist Outcomes
If Breast Size is an I-Cup:
Male/Female variant scripts about discarding the Mammaretto. Yes/No prompt.
Else: -1 Resist 50% +1 Lust 85% +2 to 4 Health Recovery.
The Shortification Elixir has begun it’s remaster/recode. I’ve already rewritten the main description and have gotten it ready for complete remastering/recoding.
The following items now have their skeleton coding finished and are usuable (excluding the Intelliga). All I have to do is write their basic descriptions and the body modification scenes themselves and these items will be finished.
Buttavica – Butt Size Increase
Buttminish – Butt Size Decrease
Hip Grow Plus – Hip Size Increase
Hipishrinkten – Hip Size Decrease
Mammarize – Breast Size Decrease
Lipkin – Lip Size Decrease
Intelliga – Intelligence Increase
I should have more simple stat increase/decrease items coming along soon along with all that. I want one for Strength, Agility, Maximum Health, Maximum Carry, Resist and so on. Unfortunately, they’ll be made by the company: “I Can’t Believe It’s Magic!” instead of “Like Magic!” — so they’ll be detriments/debuffs to taking them.
I’ve added a new Submit Verb to Enemies which causes Damage x3 to Enemies but instantly causes the Player to gain +10 Lust and will bring the Player to the Enemy Dominating scripts once they are written. For now, it only causes the above status’ to occur.
Event 3: The Robbery
Location: MIDDLE FORK (SOUTH)
Summary: As you trudge through the forest, you suddenly hear a call for help. Could this possibly be a trap, or perhaps a person in distress? Depending on several variables you can investigate this scene or ignore it entirely. Will you report it to the guards later on? Or will you leave the person or people to their fate? Be careful because danger lurks around every corner.
Added Fang the Hedgewolf to the Help Guide, Thank You Page! Thank you so much for your patience and donation! I super appreciate it ^_^
I have completely revamped the www.txtams.com website and I believe it’s now ready for it’s debut. This will effectively replace the blog over the next coming months and will be the primary launching site for mostly everything I do for the game as it’s customized for it.
((I even posted it’s first blog message there and it looks great and is very easy on the eyes ^_^ ))
I now have a Youtube Series called “AMS Programming” which I will use to help aspiring Programmers/Writers and Developers by taking them through the process of designing a game and everything that goes into it, even answering questions for those that have them. Even if you aren’t interested in programming or developing but you’re curious how I develop AMS then this series is for you. You can also check it out on www.txtams.com the game and studio’s website.
Episode 1: Tree of Stuff and Quest Intro
Episode 2: Creating and Remastering Items (coming soon!)
More Item Remasters.
More Event Writing
More ‘AMS Programming’ (Episode 3)
Sound Effects for the Game + New Forest Music
More Core Revamps
New Save System
As always, if you have absolutely any questions about anything regarding the game, please let me know and I’ll answer your questions to the best of my ability 🙂